Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Ok, a real one this time!

So, how about that last post?! My lovely sis got mad at me this evening because I hadn't posted since August 17. And she was bang on! It doesn't seem like it's been well over a month, but I guess it has! Seems weird. Like I've taken a vacation from my regular routine, and let me tell you, it hasn't been productive! Right now I'm in Edmonton on work related stuff (more later) and I'm not quite ready for bed yet, so I guess a quick blog post is appropriate!

So, since I've already told you that I've taken a vacation from routine, you can gather that I'm off of the weight loss train - if you could even say I've been on it at all! It hasn't turned out too badly, but it hasn't gotten any better! The training I was in for the past couple of days might help me out with this though.

So, what have I been up to since August 17? Not going to lie, it's been mostly nothing. Hubs and I went to Vegas for the first time at the beginning of the month - more on that in another post! Other than that, we bought a couple of new quads, have been working and working, met Trevor Linden (!!!) and just been coasting.

This week I came to Edmonton for training. As you know, I'm an inside sales and service representative. The training for the past 2 days was about becoming a better ISSR and learning more about the company. I do have a lot of "take-aways" from this experience, but I have one that I learned from the people around me that surprised me and made me more aware of how lucky I am.

All of the "trainees" are ISSRs like me. Of course, during our breaks, we chatted in general about life. I usually sit back and listen and observe at this point, and it was no different for the last 2 days. I was SHOCKED to find out that most people couldn't even afford the cab ride from the airport to the hotel and back, and that they had to get cab chits from head office. I understand that it's about $80 each way, but it amazed me how many people weren't able to even pay for that! I assumed that all employees of the company got paid well, at least competitively, and that having that extra cash (which we get back) wouldn't be a big deal - but it is! It seemed to me that I was 1 out if 12 who really didn't have to worry, and that was strange for me. Maybe I'm jaded now. But, I also have no idea what each of their situations is. But, it was still shocking to me. Does that seem weird? I know it wasn't long ago that I was in that same spot, but I'm young, and I'm sure I was one of the youngest by far. It just makes me think of how lucky I am that hubs wanted to take the opportunity to move farther north because it ended up giving us both great opportunities and the ability to not worry as much about the money involved.

I dunno. I feel pretty lucky. To be this young and have (most of) it together.

But, ok. Bath is getting cold, and iPad is dying. More another day. I'll try to make a conscious effort to blog more consistently - don't want the sis to tell at me more!

Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment