Tuesday, December 13, 2011

2012

So, 2011 is almost over - can you believe it?!? I certainly can't! It's absolutely crazy!

But, it got me thinking about what I want to achieve next year. I want it to be a better year than this year - as you know, this year was full of change, and not all of them good. I started this year weighing 187.5 pounds, living in Fort St John, and working a job I hated. Now, I'm living in Fort Nelson, working for the same company as before, but much happier, and as of my last weigh in, I was 214.5 pounds - a gain of 27 pounds, 22 of which were gained back from 2010's weight loss. Suffice it to say, I want 2012 to be better. The new town is great so far, and the job is too, but the weight? HORRIBLE!

So, goals for 2012? I want to make them realistic. I know from experience that when I'm pressured too much, I don't lose. This year was proof of that. So, with the help of my husband, these are my goals for 2012:
  • Sunday, January 1 - Official weigh-in of 2012
  • Sunday, February 12 - 6 week weigh-in - 10 lb goal - reward! {lululemon hoodie}
  • Sunday, March 25 - 12 week weigh-in - 10 lb goal - reward! {facial}
  • Sunday, May 6 - 18 week weigh-in - 10 lb goal - reward! {lululemon yoga outfit}
  • Sunday, June 10 - 24 week weigh-in - 5 lb goal - no reward unless 10 lbs lost
  • Sunday, July 22 - 30 week weigh-in - 5 lb goal - {victoria's secret bathing suit}
  • Sunday, September 2 - 36 week weigh-in - 5 lb goal - no reward unless 10 lbs lost
  • Sunday October 14 - 42 week weigh-in - 10 lb goal {romantic weekend away with hubby}
So, that's a total of 55 pounds in 42 weeks! That's like 0.76 pounds a week. Last year, I would have made the goal of 2 pounds a week, and tried to do it all in like 25 or 26 weeks. It doesn't work for me - and I think this might! I will definitely be reviewing it each weigh-in, but I think this should work. I would LOVE to be down that 55 pounds sooner, but, if it takes me 42 weeks, or 48, it doesn't matter. But, I do think I can do this. 

Here's how it will work:

When I weigh-in on January 1, that will be my starting weight. Nothing before January 1 matters. Then, I will revise my goal for February 12 to be a specific weight, and so on and so forth. Right now, it's a guide. We'll see how my year is going. And how about those rewards? So excited!

2012 WILL BE BETTER.

No other words needed. I WILL use the tread climber. I WILL use the bow flex. I WILL go to yoga classes. I WILL be healthy. I WILL become the best me that I can.

What do you think??

3 comments:

  1. I think I love u! You can do anything you put your mind too! You are a strong women xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck Kara :) I'm excited for you! I'm behind you every step of the way even if we don't live close xoxoxo Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Ash! I'm so sad we don't live closer! Thank goodness for texting!

    ReplyDelete