Monday, February 13, 2012

Official Weigh-In #6 {a day late}

Sunday, February 4: 205.5 pounds

Monday, February 13: 206 pounds

0.5 pound gain

What a disappointing week. It was supposed to be the best week - a week where I finally made my goal. I've been working towards it for 6 weeks, but to no avail. Instead of losing, I ended up gaining.

Why, you ask? Laziness. Plain and simple. Too lazy to work out, too lazy to cook right. I hurt my back early in the week, and thought I could coast by and still make it down the 2 pounds that I needed to lose. How wrong I was. I'm glad it was only a 0.5 pound gain, but in reality, no gain is good!

Early in my goal making process, I decided that I wasn't going to get down on myself if I didn't make my goals, and give myself some grace. I am only human, and things are going to be tough on the road to skinniness. I'm allowing myself one week to complete this goal - with added incentive. I need to lose about 1.5 pounds each week to make my goal. So, if I lose the 2.5 I need to get to my first goal, plus another 1.5 pounds, I will still be on track, and I think I still deserve something for that. I mean, that will be over 10 pounds lost - 11.5 to be exact. I still see lululemon in my sights...

John and I were talking about vacations, and where we want to go. I decided Hawaii, because of something I saw on Hawaii 5-0 (funny, I know). So I got thinking, how cool would it be to run a half-marathon in Hawaii? To go there, and then run it, and have a week there as a reward for such a great accomplishment? John agrees (somewhat begrudgingly) that it's a good idea, and another thing to put on my bucket list! It just means that I really need to start running. I want to wait until May, when I will be in the 180s, because I don't want to be running with so much weight on me. I have bad joints to start with, so I don't want to make them worse by running on them with 206 pounds putting stress on them. That means I have until May to lose that, and start a running program. John thinks I run funny, so I might have to find a trainer to take me out a few times and correct me. Last thing I need is to make things worse!

Anyways, I should get back to working. I'm doing well so far today, calories are low, I just have to make sure that I do my workout!

Have a fantastic day all!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment