Sunday, February 19, 2012

Official Weigh-In #7

So, a week after my first goal! Time to start a completely new goal! Yes, it's the same goal, but it's most likely going to be a lot harder!

Monday, February, 13: 206 pounds
Sunday, February 19: 202 pounds
4 pounds lost! 8.5 pounds to go to the next goal

Yes, I am using my Monday weight because it was my last official weigh-in weight. I only lost 0.5 of a pound since Tuesday, which isn't too impressive, but the fact that we are 7 weeks into the year and I've lost 11.5 pounds is pretty impressive. I have a friend who was on Visalus and has lost over 25 pounds so far this year, and while that's great, I think I've had it better. I don't want to lose that much weight that quickly. Sure, it would be great to get down to my goal quickly, but then I'd probably gain it all back. This way, I am learning about my body, and what I need to do to keep the weight off. This week, I worked out so much, well, more than normal. I watched what I was eating, and kept it pretty low. But I wasn't losing weight, in fact, I went up to 203 pounds yesterday morning. I figured maybe I was eating too few calories, so I didn't pay as much attention to what I ate yesterday - I went out for lunch with some friends who were driving through from FSJ - and had fish and chips! I didn't eat the full order, but I still ate fried fish and fries! And, with not paying as much attention, I lost a pound. I still watched what I ate, I just didn't count calories. It worked out. It's not always going to work out that way, but it's good to know that I guessed right about what was going on with my body!

I also mentioned to my sis, and my friend I met up with yesterday that I thought I was stalling a bit. Now, I think a lot of the stalling this week was due to going from 206 pounds to 202.5 pounds overnight, and probably from eating as little as I was. Both of them suggested upping my protein intake. I haven't been eating much protein at all. Lots of vegetables and fruit. Erika suggested I try to add protein in with beans. Worth a try! I'm going to go onto Pinterest and see if I can find some good bean recipes. If you have any, please forward them on to me! Erika told me about a black bean/cocoa granola bar thing. I hope I can find that. Sound yummy!

Anyone ever had a grapple? Those apples that are supposed to taste like grapes? I bought some yesterday ($5.99 for 4! Ridiculous!) and it's weird. They smell like grapes, but I still thought it tasted like an apple. It was good though, but maybe not good enough for the price. I'm almost out of fruit, so I think I'll have to try both grocery stores today to see if I can find some good apples. Oranges are pretty easy, but I can never find good apples!

Anyways, time to make some breakfast! Gonna make me some eggs! Have a good day everyone and a STRONG week!

No comments:

Post a Comment