Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Back from Vacation

I'm back from a quick vacation - and I do mean quick! 6 days, 3000 kilometres. Yep, long, long days for driving. 6 hours the first night to Grande Prairie, 7 the next day to Golden, 1-ish the next day to Fairmont Hot Springs (shortest day in the whole vacation!), 5 the next day to Jasper, 3 the next day back to Grande Prairie, and finally another 6 back home the next day. We left around 2pm on Thursday, and got home at 6 last night. Ridiculous. But awesome too.

The reason we went so far was to get to a wedding in Fairmont. Great wedding, even with the rain! It was supposed to be an outside ceremony, but the weather was horrible. So they put up a tent, and it was chilly, but good. Then the reception in the ski lodge. It was actually pretty nice. I got to see some friends from high school, and make a few new ones as well. It's just too bad we were so tired from all of the travelling.

Then there was Jasper. Hubby got a bunch of my friends to meet up for my birthday - so awesome! My last few birthdays have been pretty lame, so it was really nice. Having some drinks and food and hanging out with friends in one of my most favourite places - priceless! Made turning 26 ok!

But now we're home, and I need to get back to weight loss. I am saying this as I eat chocolate covered pretzels from Jasper, but oh well. I'm working on a plan - I'll let you in on it later!

Back to work!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment