Thursday, March 29, 2012

Vegetarian Wednesday

What a success! I am so excited! Yesterday was my first "vegetarian Wednesday" and it was great! Quite a challenge, because after so many years of eating a lot of meat, even one day seems like a lifetime! I was craving meat so bad by the evening - doesn't help that I had leftover shepherd's pie in the fridge! - but I worked through it and it's all good!

Yesterday morning I weighed, just to see what would happen with cutting out meat. I was 202.5 pounds. This morning, I woke up excited to see how I did. Down to 200 pounds! I can hardly believe that with just one day of cutting out meat, I was able to lose 2.5 pounds! So great! It does all have to do with food! And working out and walking, of course!

I told you that I would let you in on what I ate, so here we go:

·         OrganoGold Latte - 90 calories

·         Crunchy Peanut Butter Cliff bar - 250 calories

·         Fruit salad (ambrosia apple, red naval orange & banana) - 285 calories

·         WF Hummus & carrots - 100 calories

·         Strawberry Nutrigrain bar - 130 calories

·         Kashi Toasted Asiago snack crackers & laughing cow cheese - 135 calories

·         2 eggs - 140 calories

·         Total of 1130 calories

Not too bad, right? I know that there is a lack of vegetables there, but I just wasn't feeling it. I planned on making a nice salad with spinach, peppers and my eggs, but after I worked out, I didn't feel like moving and the eggs were enough.

I'm just so excited that it was such a success. I also found that if I tracked my food in the morning, and planned out what I was going to be eating, that helped a lot. I'm going to do that again today, and hopefully it works out the same way! If I stay on track today, I'll have almost 500 calories left for dinner. Pretty good, right?

I definitely need to keep this positive momentum going. I'm feeling so much better already. And I'm even feeling ok after my second workout. I can't believe how hard JM's 30 Day Shred hit me, but it sure did. I was planning on just doing it 3 times a week, but I'll maybe do it tonight too, why not? I switched down to 5 pound weights for most of it instead of the 8 pounders. I found that with my 8 pounders I was quitting before I should, but with the 5 pounders I do ok. I can sure feel it in my arms though!

I am so enjoying the mornings alone at work. Today is the last day though! The boss won a trip to Rome, Italia, through our company, so he's been gone since last Wednesday, and it's usually just me and him from 7-8, which means that it's just me. We've been so slow lately, that the first hour of the day has pretty much just been me. It's nice to be able to get caught up on things and just chill out. Not that my job is very stressful lately with the slowness, but it's nice to not have anyone around, just me, and the sounds of the radio and the fans. I will definitely be sad in a way when the boss is back. This has been really nice!

I hope you all have a good STRONG day! I'm going to try my best to have one too!

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment