Thursday, March 29, 2012

Happy Future

Something must be going on - two posts on the same day - again!

I'm just having a really good day. Vitamin D must be doing it's job! I'm just in a very positive mindset today and I'm loving it!

I've been thinking about my goals, and I think that I may have over thought it a bit. I thought I could do more than I can. Not saying that I couldn't achieve all of those goals, but I know that I need some lenience. I can't just go full out for 6 months - I'll need a break, for sure, and that was evident with my last goal. I only lost 1 pound instead of 10.

So, I figured out some ideas, and I don't think I'm going to reach my goal weight this year (at this point, with where I am, that's my thought) but I'm ok with that. If I go according to plan (which pretty much never happens) I'll be at it sometime in February next year. That's pretty much a year to get from 200 to 150. 50 pounds in one year is ok, right? I still want to enjoy life, which is why I've kind of made the plan up that way.

But, like I said a few posts ago, things do change! I could change my mind tomorrow, or next week, or with my next goal. I just don't want to miss out on life because I am losing weight. So, once I get into the 180s, I'm going to tone it down a bit. I'd like to be able to go out for a beer or two with friends, and not worry about how I'm going to work them off. But, you know what? I'm happy about it. I don't mind a long journey, as long as I'm not setting myself up to fail. I think I've done that too much in the past, and then I get discouraged. Well, the next 10 weeks are going to be tough, but after that, not so tough!

Anyways, back to work, once again.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment