Thursday, August 4, 2011

Death In The Family

Before you get sympathetic, let me explain what happened.

My dad's mom died. She's been very sick for a long time, but she was in her 80s, so it was expected. She went into renal failure earlier this week and didn't last very long.

Now, about the sympathy part. I haven't decided how I feel about it. You have to understand that this woman was only my grandmother because she was my dad's mom. I met her twice in my whole life, and she never once called me on my birthday or at Christmas. My mom called and told me and I didn't feel a thing.

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel. This was someone who I didn't know, who my father barely ever talked to, and someone who clearly didn't care too much for me, or just didn't know how to show it. So, basically, I feel nothing, but I'm not sure how I feel about not feeling, if that makes any sense.

Surprisingly, my dad was very upset. He finally told my mom a bit about why he left Nova Scotia, and why he doesn't have much to do with his mom. It definitely helped things make sense.

But there's where I'm at. So confused. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment