Thursday, August 18, 2011

Plans

I don't know about you, but I am a planner. Whether it's going away for the weekend (I like to pre-book any hotels, or know exactly what we're doing), or camping (I print off info about any place we go to so that I know what there is to do), or what's going on in my house (I have lists of things to do all over the place - I make my own honey-do lists), I am always the planner.

So, why am I not planning my physical health? I've been letting that go right by the wayside lately, and it doesn't make any sense. I plan absolutely everything else in my life, but not one of the most important things. I did, and when I did, I achieved things. I lost weight. And I was eating healthier.

Last fall, my friend, Monika and I met through Jillian Michaels' website, and started emailing each day. We set goals, and talked each other through achieving those goals. We stopped emailing a while back (well, we still email each other, but not every day anymore) and while she went on to achieve a lot more goals (Go Monika!) I stopped. Now, it's no one's fault but my own, but I stopped making plans and having someone keep me accountable for those goals.

But, I think we're back!

I've been talking to Monika about how I want to get back to it, and she told me to make a plan.

So, that's what I'm going to do - this weekend. I've been so distracted the past few days that I haven't been able to put a concrete plan together, but I am going to take some time for myself while we camp this weekend and make a goal. Well, lots of goals. More attainable goals. Weekly, monthly. Weight loss, workout. Stuff like that.

I'm also going to start having a weigh in day (Mondays, I think) where I blog about my losses or gains, and what helped me achieve those results, good or bad. I think if I sit down once a week and think about what I'm doing right and wrong, I'll be so much better off.

Did I mention that John and I bought a Bow Flex and a Tread Climber? They should be here tomorrow or Monday, and we're setting up our own home gym! I hope that will help us get on track - both of us. Mostly me, but kind of him too.

Anyway. I should get back to work (Bad Kara, blogging at work!!).

Have a good day all! Hope it's as sunny where you are as it is here (for once!).

No comments:

Post a Comment