Sunday, January 8, 2012

Official Weigh-In #1

Hey all! It's the first official weigh-in of 2012! How do you think I did??

I was super confident this week. I was tracking my food, exercising, and doing a pretty great detox. It's better than I have been doing in weeks. Months, even. Then there was Friday.

I went and got my hair cut after work (and found someone who did a pretty great job on the first try!) and I had planned on going grocery shopping after to buy something good for dinner. Something quick and easy. But, when I was done getting my hair cut, I had no interest in shopping or cooking. Bad idea! So, what did we do? We went out for dinner. To Boston Pizza. And honestly, even though they have a "healthy choices" section, I don't like any of the food, so I don't even look at it. I definitely over ate, but John and I actually got a few other things in our life figured out (our money situation is looking much better now, thanks to a good chance to talk it out) so I figured it was a good sacrifice.

Then, yesterday morning I woke up at 4 am, wide awake. There was no way I was going back to sleep. So, I got up, watched some tv, and crocheted a bit. I finally got back to sleep at around 11. It was just not my day. I had planned on doing an hour on my tread climber, instead of the 30 minutes I had been doing, but I barely had the energy to go grocery shopping!

So basically, the last couple of days of the week sucked, but the beginning of the week was good. I was actually scared to weigh this morning. I didn't want to see a gain on the scale. I just don't want to see that at all. I think if I saw a gain, I would totally sabotage myself, and I don't need that.

Well, are you curious now?? Here's how it went down:

Sunday, January 1: 213.5 pounds
Sunday, January 8: 211 pounds
That's a loss of 2.5 pounds!!!

Yup, I still lost! Even with a couple of crappy days, I still lost! I am back to believing that I can lose this first 10 pounds easily! And that feels pretty darn good!

I'm going at this slow and steady, but I think that's the key. Slow and steady is going to win this race!

No comments:

Post a Comment