Thursday, January 10, 2013

Motivation

I was up early this morning to pay bills (what a fun thing, I know) and I was surfing Facebook and found this "mantra". I posted it to my sister's wall because she mentioned that she is lacking in motivation, and I thought that this might help her. Little did I know, it would help me too.

Now, I know that I need to lose weight - there's no doubt about it! But, I get bored easily, and let's face it, I'm lazy. I keep thinking now, maybe I need to customize a workout for myself. Maybe doing a DVD and working out on my treadclimber aren't going to cut it for me. Maybe I need to make something up on my own that I can stick to, and that can be constantly changing and evolving, to keep it interesting. I'm thinking my own combination of yoga, strength training (with weights and my body weight) and cardio (treadclimber) with a couple of either fitness classes at our rec centre or a yoga class at Blissfit (which I can see from my bedroom) or taking Molly out to a park and playing or a workout DVD. That might be what I need to keep it interesting, and see if I can do it and actually lose some weight.

Any thoughts? It's time that I get ready for work and chug down my cup of coffee. Another fun filled day! Maybe I'll take my notebook and plan myself a little workout for after work!!

Talk soon!

**Update!

It's 115 days (including today) until we leave to drive to Calgary to fly to Hawaii. That's around 16 weeks. I want to lose about 25 pounds in that time frame, so I have to lose about 1.5 pounds each week to do that. On Sunday, I weighed in at 209.9 pounds, so this week I need to weigh in at about 208.4 pounds. Time to get cracking!

No comments:

Post a Comment