Monday, March 28, 2011

Crocheted Mitered Square Hanging Towel (pattern)

So, I found an awesome pattern online for a mitered square hanging towel for the kitchen. I found it on thetoddlerwhisperer blog - which is great! I instantly made one of my own:


This one goes great with a set that I made for a friend's wedding in July:


It's the hanging towel, 2 pot holders ( I will share the pattern another day!), and 4 knitted dishcloths.

I did have an issue with this pattern. It does work out really well, but I didn't like the way the handle attached to the body of the towel:


I just think it seems flimsy in a way. It's definitely secure and it's not going anywhere, but I just wasn't pleased and I couldn't figure out how to secure it more using the same pattern. So, I did it myself and this is what I got:


Yes, much different colours, but it is much different where the button is:


So, there it is. Basically, I just made the handle separately, and sewed it onto the top of the towel. The stitches are covered by the handle when it's hanging, and it's so much sturdier.

So, how did I do it? I made a mitered towel, which you can find the pattern anywhere. I changed colours at row 24, 41 and did one final row. You can do it any way you want! For the handle, it was 2 rows of 10 single crochets, the a button hole made by doing 4 single crochet, chain 2, miss next 2 single crochet, 4 single crochet. In total there were 30 rows on the handle.

And, I love the new one. It works so much better for me. And it's so easy! Only a couple of hours! 


It feels great to have finished products. I love these little ones. They just make so much sense to me. Blankets take forever, so now it's all about the small things!


I found these dishcloths the other day too. I have 5 of them still kicking around. It's so cute. I think I'll make a few more of these in the next little while. I just adore them. So easy to make, and so cute.

Ok guys, I should go. I have an interview scheduled for 2:30PM. It was originally scheduled for 1PM, but my keys were locked in the truck. I threw them into our console on Saturday when John was driving, and totally forgot about it. Then I went to leave and realized that I did not have keys. Awesome, eh? So, I called the guy who is interviewing me, and while he was good about it and just told me to come later, it still sucked. It's definitely not the best way to make a first impression! Oh well, it's only for a 2 week temp job anyways. If I don't get it, it's not the end of the world.

More soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment