Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Trailer Travels – Day 1 – Edmonton (July 9)

After being rained out and spending a night in Fox Creek, we made it to Edmonton. As you already know, we’ve been having so much rain up here that roads were being washed out. I have to say, I’ve never seen so much water laying in the ditches on the side of the road. It was like mini lakes had popped up everywhere. At one point, between Fox Creek and Whitecourt, the westbound twinned lane was totally washed out due to a lake crossing the road – and there usually isn’t a lake there! It was crazy!

You can't see the second flooded area as well - my phone ran out of memory space - but it was much worse than this spot


But, anyways, we made it to Edmonton. It was still raining., so we walked around West Edmonton Mall. That place was nuts! If I had thought ahead, I wouldn’t have gone – it was Saturday after all. But we went and wandered around for a few hours. We checked out Galaxyland, and foolish me, I told John that the next time we came, we could stay at the mall and go on some rides. If you didn’t already know, fair rides, roller coasters, all of that stuff, scare me to death. Not really sure what I was thinking. Obviously I was in a travel coma.

Then we made it to my uncle’s house for dinner, where we finally met his boyfriend, and a couple of his other friends. We stayed up playing cards and had a really good time.

And it was still raining when we left his house to go back to the campsite. Thank goodness for the trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment