Monday, July 25, 2011

Trailer Travels - Day 13 - Kamloops (July 21)

Today was a very bittersweet day for me. Leaving Golden meant getting closer to home, but I did not want to leave. It was too nice and relaxing in Golden. And there was so much more that I wanted to do but didn't because I was actually enjoying doing nothing. I was so sad leaving, I actually cried between Revelstoke and Sicamous, which is weird for me. I'm not usually like that. But, it was really sad.

But then we got to Kamloops. I miss that place too. I had a lot of good memories there, but I'm also glad I left. We got the opportunity to visit with John's brother, his wife, and their almost one year old daughter.

Opening birthday presents

Enjoying the wrapping paper, of course!

Wearing the super cute dress I made her!

Taking me for a walk
After our visit, we journeyed around Kamloops, taking in all the old sights. One of the bars that John and I used to meet at a lot has been torn down and it looks like they're either building parking or an office building. It's so sad. So many good memories from there. But I guess nothing lasts forever.

We also met up with John's best friend, and had dinner. It was fun, and a nice night in our old town. Wish we could have stayed longer to see more people, but it's all good. Can't see everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment