Sunday, July 24, 2011

Trailer Travels - Day 10 - Golden (July 18)

Back to the Kootenays! So exciting! I was up so early in anticipation! I'm pretty sure I woke up at about 5 am, but since I was sleeping on the couch, it wasn't that big of a deal. I didn't wake John or Kaylie up until about 7. I initially wanted to be on the road by 9, then changed my mind and we were on the go about 8.

Usually, when we go to Golden, we go through Field, and the Kicking Horse Canyon, but since we were going to my grandparent's house in Parson, we went through the Kootenay National Park. I think it actually took longer, but it was a nice drive for a change. I did try to get us lost (again) but John figured it out. I've come to know that I have no sense of directions, and I get confused on the road a lot. Oh well. We made it!

Basically, we've just been hanging out and relaxing. I love that about being in Golden and Parson - the relaxing.

Lots of rain too. I think that's just the way our vacation is going. I'm ok with it. I'd rather have rain than sun, which might sound strange, but I hate sunburns and I burn all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment