Monday, May 23, 2011

Back From Camping!

So glad to be back home! What a great weekend of camping!

We went with one of the guys John works with, his wife and 2 kids (under the age of 3 - can you just imagine my terror?!?) and it was great. We reserved sites, and let me tell you, when we drove up I wondered how in the hell 2 travel trailers were going to fit into them! Unfortunately when I reserved there were only 2 double sites available and no single sites available for our size, so there wasn't a lot to choose from. We get there and not only is it tiny, there's a steep little hill we have to climb to back the trailers into! It took so long to figure out how to get 2 trailers in, but they boys made it happen. After that, it was smooth sailing.

I have to say, though I fought John really hard about getting the trailer, I'm glad we did. It was so convenient. We just put the awning out, and when it rained (which it did quite a bit while we were out) we just sat under it. And at night, we could turn on the furnace and not worry about rain pouring in on us in a tent, or freezing to death. We especially liked it last night because it started raining just after dinner and didn't stop until we were hooked up this morning. It was nice to be able to hang around the fire until it burned down and then go in and relax. We played Yahtzee, and let me tell you, it was entertaining.

So basically, what I'm saying, is that I'm a trailer convert.

I even got to wash my hair! I didn't have to go from Thursday to now without washing it! Best part EVER!

And you might think I'm crazy for saying that, but you try having REALLY thick hair that's a bit on the greasy side, and sweating in it (because when the sun was out, it was out - more burns for Kara!) and then cooling off. It was DISGUSTING. But I got to wash it! Yay!

And, even spending the weekend with kids was pretty fun. The oldest will be 3 in August, and she's hilarious. One of those talkers. She played shy for a bit, but then we made rock dinner together and then we were friends. I don't think she stopped talking for a minute, which was cute. She's a bit of a mumbler still, so I did a lot of head nodding and "yeahs" but she didn't mind. As long as she had some attention! The smaller one just turned 2 in February and she's pretty fun too. She just wants to move and get into all the things she shouldn't, so it was a challenge trying to keep her in the campsite (though she wanted to go running down the road) and away from the fire. The best part ever is that she loves dogs and just watching how excited she gets when she sees one is awesome. She's just picking up on talking, and most of her words don't make any sense to me (someone who isn't around kids enough to even be close to understanding what they're saying) but I could make out quite a few words. I wish I could imitate it because it's so funny! She's close with saying my name - it's just "Ara" to her, which is pretty close for a 2 year old, I think. All in all, it was pretty fun. Kids still freak me out a bit, but once I got used to these ones, it was fun!

John and I also went geocaching! First time finding anything since last time it was much too cold (and snowy and icey). Took us quite a while to find it because I read the hint wrong, and was looking into the trees instead of watching out from trolls. John finally found it hidden under a bridge. It was fun though! I wish there had been more there, but that's ok. Not bad for our first time.

And, since it's playoff time, and the Canucks had 2 games while we were out, John found us a way to "watch" the games. XM Satellite radio has a NHL channel, so we turned it on in the truck nice and loud,  and opened all the windows. Friday night's game sucked (loss against San Jose) but yesterday afternoon they won. Now the series is 3-1 for Vancouver, and we could take the series and be onto the Stanley Cup final tomorrow night. Hopefully it works out, then we see who we're going to be playing against in the final - Boston or Tampa Bay who are tied 2-2 right now.

But, now we're back home, and it feels pretty nice. I've been gone since Thursday, so it's been a while for me. My kitties were sure happy to see us come through the door! I had quite a migraine when we got home, but my Organo Gold coffee seemed to kick that right out! Now to get myself organized for the rest of the week. It's kind of a blessing sometimes that I don't have to work - so much easier to get stuff done. I don't have to rush around as soon as I come home from the weekend! I do feel like I might be getting a cold of some sort, so I better take something for it. I'd hate to be sick!

Anyway, hope you all had a great long weekend (if you got it off) - Happy Victoria Day!

I'll definitely be posting some photos in the next few days! I think we got some pretty good ones! Just gotta get them on my computer first! Now, enough with the super long post (longest in a while, I think) and time to enjoy the rest of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment