Saturday, October 8, 2011

Food Of the Week

Ok, this week's food of the week (and the very first!) is a protein snack bar that I found this week.

I wanted something under 200 calories, something sweet, and something that actually tastes good. This one hits all the buttons. At 190 calories, 3 grams of fibre, 4 grams of sugar and 14 grams of protein, it's a hit! And, bonus, it's yummy!

I'm talking about the Oh Yeah! Almond Fudge Brownie bar.
So good! I picked it up at Walmart for $2.47 which makes it pretty pricey, but it's worth it for once in a while. I don't think I'd buy it for daily consumption. It would be great for a day where I worked out lots, or had a small breakfast or lunch as an in between meal snack, or for throwing in my backpack for when I'm hiking. Might not be the best for hiking in hot weather because it would melt REALLY badly.

My next search for a protein bar of some kind will be to find one that has all of the great qualities this one has (low calorie, high fibre, low sugar, high protein, tasty, etc.) that will be a good hiking snack. I realize that hiking season is pretty much over here, but next spring will be here before we know it (hopefully!) and hiking season will be starting once again!

Stay tuned for next week's food of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment