Spanish Chicken & Rice
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 tsp salt & pepper
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 small yellow onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, diced
1-1/3 cup uncooked instant brown rice
28 oz canned tomatoes with juice
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 cup grated cheese (optional)
- Heat oil on med-high in skillet. Season both sides of the chicken breast with salt and pepper and saute until lightly browned. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Add garlic and onion to skillet and saute for 1 minute. Add bell pepper and saute for 2 more minutes. Add rice and stir until lightly toasted.
- Add tomatoes with juice, chili powder and cumin. Bring to a boil and immediately turn down to a simmer.
- Place chicken on top of the tomato-rice mixture. Cover and cook 5 minutes. Turn off heat and let sit for 5 minutes covered.
- Sprinkle with cheese (optional).
Try it out and let me know what you think!