Friday, October 21, 2011

Random Thoughts...

I think, today, I'm just going to post random thoughts throughout the day. Should be interesting to see what I think up during my work day!
  • I'm thinking about declaring next week (Mon-Fri) a carb free week. I need to kick my own ass, and get back into working out and eating right. I think the first step will be eating right. So, no carbs (other than fruit before 2pm) for 5 days. I did it for 17 when I did the 17 Day Diet so I think I can do it for 5. I'm thinking it might be a good idea to do it once a month, cut out carbs for 5 days, just to keep my metabolism up. And when you don't eat carbs, you lose weight. Perfect!
  • Along with that same thought, I'm thinking about making another 5 day week a meat free week. Just stuff to keep my body guessing, and to help me try out new foods!
  • And, in addition, I'm going to try out a few other things, even when I'm not on my 5 day carb free, or meat free times. No carbs after 2 pm. It worked before, so I'll try it again. It makes sense. Carbs are hard to burn, so why have them an hour before you go to bed, when it's just going to add fat to my ass?
  • As you know, I sprained my ankle back on October 9. I feel as though after 12 days, I shouldn't be in pain anymore. But I can't even jog across the street without being in pain. It's been a very long time since I've sprained anything, and I'm impatient to know how long I'm going to have to deal with this! Should I wear an ankle brace? Should I just do nothing? When can I do a real workout without pain? Can I even go on my tread climber? So many questions. I guess it's time to Google.
  • Great. Google didn't tell me anything good. It could take weeks or months to heal. Dammit. I don't have time for this!
  • I really am tired of this job. Thank goodness we're moving. Since this job is only a temporary assignment, I was hoping that I would be able to find something else within the company after that two months, and that I would be able to continue. Man, I'm glad I don't have to do that. I'm in HR, so I see all of the competitions that have been open since I started, and nothing is appealing to me. The amount of entitlement most of these employees feel makes me so mad that I can't even talk to them. Honestly. Government employees are the worst. I can't wait to be out of the Union. Some people like the protection of the union, I hate it. There are so many incompetent people here that are going to be here forever because they can't get fired. Ugh.
  • I am freezing! Usually everyone in HR is freezing, and I think they're crazy, but now it's me! Usually, over in IT (yes, I work with HR and sit in IT) it's so warm because of all of the computers going up here, but today I'm frozen! It was -3 this morning, but I've been in the office for over an hour and I'm still cold. I need a heater!
  • So, yes, I sit in IT. When I first started, there was an empty desk in HR, so I used it. Then they had another permanent employee start, so I got booted. There wasn't any room for me, so they stuck me in a corner in IT. It's not all bad. They boys are quiet, and I get a lot of freedom because there is no one breathing down my neck all day and making sure I'm not screwing everything up, which I'm sure our director thinks. When I was in HR, I got to look out a window at an awesome view, and now I'm stuck in a corner looking at walls. Not as cool.
  • I'm currently very irritated with my husband, and I am trying so hard not to be. Last night, he didn't call me until 9:40pm. He was just getting home, which is fine, but I was trying to sleep. I was pissy already because he didn't call, and then he called and disturbed me. And he didn't even apologize for it! Then I was up until after midnight. I am trying so hard to not let it bug me, because it'll be a Chetwynd situation again where all I am is mad at him, but man, I'm pissy. It's so bad that I don't even want to talk to him. I'm glad that I have plans tonight with Lisa so that I don't have to deal with him until late. I'll call him tonight super late and see how he freaking likes it.
  • Speaking of that, Lisa and I are going on a movie date tonight to see "The Good Year." I think it looks great! I'll tell ya about it tomorrow!
  • Now my husband is sucking up to me and making me feel bad for being mad at him. Argh!
  • I've decided that I want to travel more outside of the country. I'm back to talking to my husband because I want to know his opinion, but I'm still mad at him! He thinks Vegas, which would be ok, but I was thinking more like China.
  • Maybe a cruise around the Caribbean. That would be fantastic. Spend a few days in Miami, then get on a boat, go to the Bahamas, Turks and Cacaos, and back. Yes, I think that sounds fantastic.
  • It's snowing. Yes, snowing. I don't think it's going to stick around, but it is snowing. Mark your calendar friends; today winter begins!
  • Ugh. It's still snowing. Harder now though.
Ok, I think that's it for today folks! Almost time to go home! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment