Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sprained

Yup, I have sprained my ankle. Fairly badly, I think.

John and I were trying to put up the back stairs, and they were super heavy. John was holding them up, and I was on the deck, going to screw them in from the top, just enough so that he could get them in properly. Well, I almost had the first screw in, and it slipped, so John asked me to come to the bottom and pivot them just a bit so he could hold them better. I took off running, because the stairs were damn heavy, and I wanted them to be off of his shoulders ASAP. Well, there was a lot of scrap wood around, and lots of leaves, and I stepped onto a leaf covered 2x4, and went down. I can't remember the last time I sprained my ankle, but DAMN. It hurts!

So, I spent most of the day on the couch. Not the way I intended to spend my day, but oh well.

I still managed to make pies for Thanksgiving tomorrow! Now I just wonder how long the pain is going to last...

No comments:

Post a Comment