Thursday, January 20, 2011

High On Ice

I forgot that I was going to put some pictures up of High On Ice 2011. It was super cold that day. Like, so cold. I basically ran around and took a few photos. Here are a few of my favourites.


This one I had to edit so that you could see the lettering that was carved in. This year's theme was "Land of Myth and Legend." 


This is for the annual "Fire & Ice" event. They light this up at the very end. It's basically used for advertising throughout the event, and then they light it up. I'm sad we missed that part. It's my favourite!


This was where the entrance was. Usually it's much more grand than this, but it still was pretty cool!


John checking out the whole thing. There are a few more carvers working to the left of the picture, but I cut them out.


This one is one of my favourites. I got the best picture of this one. I think it's the one that won the whole things!


And...then John got the company truck stuck and my mom & dad's house, so my dad had to pull him out! Second time in as many years that John had to get pulled out of there - last time it was me pulling him out!

Hope you enjoyed your day and my photos!





No comments:

Post a Comment