Monday, January 31, 2011

January 31

January 31, and 31 posts! Yay me! I know it's only 31 days, but there have been days that I didn't want to write, but I did. Today, I feel like writing!

So, today was just another day at work. Everyone's all a-buzz on how our district manager and HR person are coming on Wednesday. I have to have a meeting with them and I know that they're going to try to throw some money at me to keep me happy. One or 2 of the guys at work think I'm going to take the money. They're going to be awfully surprised when I don't! They just don't get that money can't buy happiness - but I get it!

Then I came home, and for once, I actually felt like cooking dinner and cleaning up. I don't know if you know how it's been for me the last little while. I've been coming home and not wanting to move. I barely clean during the week, and the weekends aren't much better. And cooking? That's the last thing I want to do. But, I've caught up on dishes, folded laundry, and cooked dinner (and put a plate in the oven to keep warm for John). I'm more like what I used to be. I used to take care of my house. Cook, clean, cook, clean. It was just habit. Then that habit started to slip, and suddenly, not the best housewife. But, it's coming back.

And, tonight I figured out how John and I are going to be able to survive without my paycheck. It's pretty nice. Looking at it right now, I don't think I'll ever have to work again! Just kidding. But it looks really good so far. At least I know how we'll be able to get bills paid. That's all that matters. It took a lot of stress out of the equation. Maybe that has something to do with my good mood tonight!

Ok, a few more things to do, then I can do some reading. I wonder if John's ever going to make it home. It's 8:22 right now and I have no idea when he's going to make it home!

No comments:

Post a Comment